[split to new topic] Problem reading long lines in scan log

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by FanJ, May 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FanJ

FanJ Updates Team

Re: accessibility issue with eset NOD32 version 4.2.40

Hi,

I am not sure whether the following is related to the question of chromebuster. If it is not, then accept my apologies.
    - LowWaterMark: at members request these posts were split to their own topic.

As I posted on March 20 this year here:
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=1643062&postcount=270

It would be nice when there would be an horizontal scroll-bar in the scan-log so you could scroll from left to right.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2010
  2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Re: accessibility issue with eset NOD32 version 4.2.40

This query in unrelated, but anyways - just drag the column delimiter to the right or double-click it to automatically fit the largest entry.

3. FanJ

FanJ Updates Team

Hi Marcos,

I honestly don't see that option. Maybe it is just me and my bad eyes, or maybe something on my system (XP-home SP3, IE6, EAV4.2.40.0), or....
    When the lines are too long, I have to copy/paste the scanlog into Wordpad to be able to read them.

I will give two screenshots (I have removed some private info).

In this first screenshot there is no problem. The lines are short enough:
    (BTW: that file wguninst.dll belongs to the old WormGuard; if you want a copy because of the "PECompact v1.67 - unpack error" message, let me know; similar for that INNO message)

EAV4_scanlog_2010_06_01_2.gif

In this second screenshot you'll see the problem. The lines are too long.
    BTW: all those long lines are like:
    C:\Documents and Settings\XX\Local Settings\Application Data\Identities\{XXXXXXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXXXXXXXXXX}\Microsoft\Outlook Express\XXX.dbx » DBX - internal error (5001)
    (again: private info removed)
    (see also https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=268184 )

EAV4_scanlog_2010_06_01_1.gif

4. Marcos

Move the mouse cursor to the right of the "Log" column until it changes, then double-click. The thing is the default column width is set to fit the box without the need to display the horizontal scrollbar, hence the delimiter blends with the right edge of the box.

5. FanJ

FanJ Updates Team

Thanks for your reply, Marcos, but that doesn't work (or I am misunderstanding).
    I wished that there was a horizontal scrollbar.

Why it doesn't work on my machine, I don't know. Maybe I am missing some file (non-ESET) or have too old driver(s).
    Something similar happens in the Include and Exclude Tabs in CCleaner. But there it is even stranger: sometimes I have the horizontal scrollbar and sometimes not....o_O

Last edited: Jun 2, 2010
  6. rockshox

rockshox Registered Member

Just tested on my machine and the horizontal scrollbar shows up without a problem. The horizontal bar ONLY shows up, once the column has been lengthened longer than the window.

Are you definitely double clicking on the column divider at the end of the column?
    EAV4_scanlog_.png

7. FanJ

FanJ Updates Team

Oh my, I finally understand it :oops:
    Thanks very much, rockshox !!! :thumb:
    Your screenshot did the trick, with the arrow showing where to click. As the story goes: a picture tells sometimes more than thousands words :)
    Thanks again, rockshox :D

But I still cannot get the whole lines (see screenshot; private info again removed). Sorry for being dumb....

EAV4_scanlog_2010_06_02_1.gif

8. Marcos

What if you extend the main window even more and drag the divider manually to the right?

9. FanJ

FanJ Updates Team

Thanks Marcos ! :) :thumb:

My brain must have been completely on vacation lately :oops: :oops:

Extending (maximizing) the main window did it :

EAV4_scanlog_2010_06_03_1.gif

Together with the other trick it's all fine now; I can see the whole lines, scrolling horizontal.

EAV4_scanlog_2010_06_03_2.gif

Thanks again to you both :thumb:

10. Marcos

By the way, could you try creating such a dbx file without private emails on which the error 5001 is reported? If you manage to do so, let me know, we'd be interested in getting it for perusal.

11. FanJ

FanJ Updates Team

I think that I could do that.
    One of the problems is this: it doesn't happen all the time; and when it happens, it doesn't have to be the same dbx file as the previous time it happened, sometimes it is, other times it isn't the same one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.