Split from old: "SPF & sporder.dll Thread"

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Irish_CD, Jun 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Irish_CD

Irish_CD Registered Member

Re: SPF & sporder.dll

Evening Guys,
    I have been one week now trying to figure out a massive problem I have!
    When I boot my PC (Win XP), before I log on it says that my Sporder.dll is missing. Now I can Log on, but it has knocked off my McAffe Security Centre, my Msn messenger, my INTERNET, and a whole lot of others (As I write this mail from a friends computer).

My restore point isn't working and every other thing I do isn't working. I was going to go out and buy Norton. Is there any point? I have seen what you guys have written but it doesn't help me at all!!! Really really annoying! You have no idea. It's a new computer and I just want to take a hammer too it now.

Can you please please help me as I will be so grateful you have no idea....?!
    Many thanks all

2. snapdragin

snapdragin Registered Member

Hi Irish CD, and welcome to the forum.

I have split your post off of the original thread that you replied to as that thread was 3 years old, and your problem will receive better attention as a new topic.

Can you tell us what firewall you are using, and if you have installed/uninstalled software recently?

You could try the WinSockFix to see if you can repair the internet connection. Download the WinSockFix (save it to a floppy disk and take it to the computer with no internet connection). Double-click on the WinsockFix.exe and when the program launches click on the ReG-Backup button to backup your registry. Once you've made a backup, run WinsockFix and click on the Fix button. Reboot your computer and try connecting to the internet again.

Let us know if that helps in re-establishes your internet connection.

Regards,

snap

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.