Split from old: "SPF & sporder.dll Thread"

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Irish_CD, Jun 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Irish_CD

Irish_CD Registered Member

Re: SPF & sporder.dll

Evening Guys,
    I have been one week now trying to figure out a massive problem I have!
    When I boot my PC (Win XP), before I log on it says that my Sporder.dll is missing. Now I can Log on, but it has knocked off my McAffe Security Centre, my Msn messenger, my INTERNET, and a whole lot of others (As I write this mail from a friends computer).

My restore point isn't working and every other thing I do isn't working. I was going to go out and buy Norton. Is there any point? I have seen what you guys have written but it doesn't help me at all!!! Really really annoying! You have no idea. It's a new computer and I just want to take a hammer too it now.

Can you please please help me as I will be so grateful you have no idea....?!
    Many thanks all

2. snapdragin

snapdragin Administrator

Hi Irish CD, and welcome to the forum.

I have split your post off of the original thread that you replied to as that thread was 3 years old, and your problem will receive better attention as a new topic.

Can you tell us what firewall you are using, and if you have installed/uninstalled software recently?

You could try the WinSockFix to see if you can repair the internet connection. Download the WinSockFix (save it to a floppy disk and take it to the computer with no internet connection). Double-click on the WinsockFix.exe and when the program launches click on the ReG-Backup button to backup your registry. Once you've made a backup, run WinsockFix and click on the Fix button. Reboot your computer and try connecting to the internet again.

Let us know if that helps in re-establishes your internet connection.

Regards,

snap

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.