SpinRite 6.0

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by Shrek, Jul 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shrek

Shrek Guest

Just how good is this recovery utility? Is it worth the $89.00 or are there any freeware equivalents out there?

Thanks

Shrek

2. hadi

hadi Guest

Hi
    what is the HD size and how bad the sectors are in it. actually is not worth trying it. because
    1-it take ages to do the job. days (if serious bad sectors exist)on anything above 30Gb
    2-it won't physically recover the bad sectors
    3-very much similar to win9x scandisk.in another words FORMAT your drive in FAT32 and use win9x scandisk (free equivalent alternative)
    2-with the same amount above you can buy a good (80-120)Gb.depends where you live. in here I could buy a 120Gb for that amount of money.

3. Shrek

Shrek Guest

Thanks, but I was really more interested in recovering the data (priceless) in the HDD rather than the HDD. Can Spinrite really recover data?

4. hadi

hadi Guest

didn't tell what your HD size, ntfs or fat32, how badly it is damaged , where is it located on the drive, what causes it. Spinrite6.0 does recover data but not on severly damaged sectors.

5. hadi

hadi Guest

forgot to add
    If spinrite shows a RED SCREEN at the beginning of its process my advice DO NOT CONTINUE.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.