Spinach AntiSpyware ?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Paul2, Aug 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paul2

Paul2 Guest

2. Paul2

Paul2 Guest

3. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

I guess the name Spinach is based on the Popeye cartoons to reinforce the power of this AS scanner, which isn't proven yet of course.

The Spinach AS isn't blacklisted by Eric Howes, which is a good sign.
    http://www.spywarewarrior.com/rogue_anti-spyware.htm

4. ErikAlbert

Frankly, I don't understand why people or companies keep on creating new AS scanners.
    Too make the mess and confusion even bigger, than it already is ?
    I don't need another AS scanners. Where does it stop ? ~Snip~
    You don't re-invent the wheel, the basic idea already exists.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2006
  5. money

money Guest

money?

6. Tried the trial - yes it does cost $ but they allow you to clean in the trial so it wasn't a waste of time trying it. Looks pretty, kinda user friendly.

7. ErikAlbert

It seems to me that you consider a good GUI as userfriendly. That's true for a small part.
    Most softwares nowadays have a pretty good GUI and of course they are exceptions. Exceptions always exist, they confirm the general rule.
    So I consider a good GUI as NORMAL and that has nothing to do with userfriendliness. That was true years ago, not anymore.

Being userfriendly means alot more to me : it gives the users what they want and need.

Is Spinach AntiSpyware userfriendly ? NO it isn't.
    It is just another AS scanner in a long row, without any sensational improvement.
    - the only reason why this software is created is MONEY, like member "money" already mentioned.
    I always seem to forget that part : money.
    - this software makes the choice of users only more difficult and confusing.
    - users are sick and tired of needing so many AV/AS/AT/AK/... scanners on their computer.

Never compare the members/lurkers of Wilders with the rest of the users.
    The REAL users are too busy with their job and they consider security as BALLAST on their computer, they have neither the time, nor the talent to become a knowledgeable user.
    What these users want and need, doesn't exist in the security industry. Take my word for it.

It's high time that the security industry starts listening to the wishes and needs of these users, because the security industry hasn't the slightest idea what these users want and need.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.