Speed increase

Discussion in 'hardware' started by white31, Nov 23, 2014.

1. white31

white31 Registered Member

I maybe saying something banal but my internet upload speed has recently increased too much. Testing on speedtest.net it was about 30 mb/s download and upload which is my normal speed my ISP provides to me, but now testing in firefox and IE11 upload speed is over 80 mb/s, download is still normal. Well I'm gamer and strangely such increase affects on lag-it gets worse(!?)
    Maybe someone could share opinion what could affect on such drastically increased upload speed, I haven't done any modifications in internet configuration nor manually, nor with software, internet plug doesn't seem to be broken either...

2. DX2

DX2 Guest

Try uploading a file to a hosting site and see if it's true increase or not..

3. badsector

badsector Registered Member

Happened to me before... but mine was DL rate... :D
    i asked a technician about it and he said something about wrong profiles or something... a call to your isp should fix your problem...

4. subhrobhandari

subhrobhandari Registered Member

There are some other speedtest sites too. Try them or different speedtest servers to see if your speed is actually right. I have seen some local speedtest servers (Kolkata) reporting false upload speed. A few months ago, I noticed they were reporting four times my actual upload, which seemed server specific and it was alright after a few days.

5. white31

Thanks for your replies...

uploading my file on sendspace.com gave about 2000 kbps

also tried other test sites but they are very inaccurate:

D U
    broadbandspeedchecker: 0.439 Mb/s 10.01 Mb/s
    AT&T Internet Speed Test: 26.84 mbps 2,98 mbps
    speedof.me: 31.56 mbps 590 kbps
    testmy.net: 23.3 mbps 3.3 mbps

My ISP says they are normal (as always :rolleyes:)

I now also did test to other ISPs from my country on speedtest.net and they give about 30 mb/s-my actual speed, only testing to my ISP gives more than 80 mb/s, so I think this speed is only to their servers, don't know what this might mean though...

6. subhrobhandari

subhrobhandari Registered Member

Some ISPs provide increased speeds within their network, this is too an example of that I suppose. For instance, if you had another user from the same ISP you would benefit the increased speed between you two (Via torrent/filesharing etc), but any other connection other than your ISP's network is still reduced.

7. badsector

badsector Registered Member

best way to test your speed is by downloading a torrent with a good amount of seeders...

8. white31

I'm the only user if I understood you correctly.
    Torrent download gives me more than max (30 mb/s) speed.

Well I think it's not a problem to have an increased upload. I got curious because I had simillar issue before and ping was too high on speedtest.net and upload also high, but that appeared was malfunctioning cable plug as after changing it speed returned normal, so this one seems is from my ISP, if only disabling some windows services isn't culprit.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.