Speech Problems...

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by The_Silent_One, Jul 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hey,

I've read some of the previous speech posts. I'm running Windows XP Pro.

I downloaded & installed the SAPI 4 Runtime, the TTS American English Engine, the speech recognition Engine, and all 4 of the available downloadable characters.

TDS doesn't talk to me. When I go into the Speech Applet in Control Panel,

The language says Microsoft English (US) v6.1 Recognizer and there are no
    other options.

For Voice Selection, I can only use Micheal, Michelle, & Microsoft Sam.

I've tried re-installing and rebooting... no change. Erhhh... I seem to be missing something here.

2. FanJ

FanJ Guest

Hi,

Jooske is absolutely the expert here about these things, so please give her some time to try to help you; I'm sure she will try to help you ;)

3. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi The_Silent_One, Did you try the Configuration - Options - Speech syntheiss Slider? Try each position.

As Fanj says Jooske is the speech expert :D

4. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Ahum.........

Hi there, did you also download and install the SAPI4 runtimes from the bottom of that page? It's still not clear to me if the spchapi.exe which comes with the TDS speechpack from the TDS site is the same of even newer.
    Run (install) and have another look if TDS will speak to you then.

Normally XP comes with SAPI5, the names you mention aren't those the default voices for XP (Sapi5)?
    SAPI4 has Mike and Mary for instance as default voices.
    The speechcontrol should show also all the installed voices, and various speech engines (also from ViaVoice, TrueVoice, etc etc) the characters are default in windows\msagent\chars, the several speech engines i didn't find back, only in windows\speech folder is something which might be a voice recognition engine as i see it.
    Your SAPI4 and SAPI5 should both be there after default install!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.