Speech in TDS

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by Access Denied, Mar 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

The SS3edit.exe is just that file, have a look in your script folder if it is still there to be moved into the general TDS-3 directory.

Imagine: an employer in the office wants some coffee, so tells the computer "coffee!"
    Genie jumps up, knows in his script he has to send a very lovely message to the secretary "Would you please be so kind as to send me one coffee? Thanks!"
    Well, isn't that lovely?

The secretary remembers the office fridge is getting empty from the snacks and sodas and some more, so she says to the computer "shopping!"
    see the Genie jumpup with a whole supermarket of selected items, --
    "would you like me to check for specialties of the day?"
    ok, today we have ............
    would you like me to order this for you?
    there is large pizzas too to take home, want those too?"
    so the list is growing, while one can tell it is the office list or a few sidesteps to the personal list,
    in the end Genie makes the bill and all is picked and in an hour delivered.
    If you want to see part of this demo have a look in the www.microsoft.com/msagent samples pages, especially the peedypizza ordering palace.
    Yes this is possible with TDS too, so in case you get hungry be prepared to know some scripting before it runs out of hand!

You see the kind of technology used a lot on internet, for support, chats, information, tours, --in TDS-2 there was a voice guided tour to explain all the main options!-- for TDS-3 i posted somewhere a quick tour where Genie points to some main buttons on your screen with TDS up to help you to your first scan in no time.

anyway, just have your script start the update and TDS is updated all automatically: if your script is an exe or a script in a html page TDS doesn't even have to be running for that!

Oh i'm only a starter in scripting. If we look at other people's work we all fall silent in amazement, so i just fill all those gaps of open mouths with some funstuff to keep us busy and less frustrated maybe, and so do some others too with real nice scripts, posted in the TDS operators only forum for instance.

2. Robyn

Robyn Registered Member

Hi Jooske

I went to the site and was able to watch the demo. I have installed Genie and when I run your script ( :cool:) the Genie appears and I can read all the little message and then Genie flies away again! I also installed Merlin but which script does Merlin work with? Is it correct that TDS does not 'actually' speak it is just the typing words o_O I tried to play music but haven't been able to get the jukebox script to work! I really do have a lot to learn :oops: I am reading the Microsoft site again and think it has something to do with sapi runtime as I seem to have v5 and not v4 which is required to get the LH key with Genie/Merlin in the registry. I do not have this LH key so will have to investigate Microsoft's side of things now.

3. Robyn

Robyn Registered Member

All sorted now I had forgotten to install one of the files for US English :oops: Genie has now actually spoken and I am chatting to TDS with words and not just reading them :) I need to work out how to let TDS use another voice eg Merlin so a little more investigation to do.

How do I change to voice TDS will use to speak to me? I have Merlin installed but think it is Genie speaking to me now.

I found the sscEdit.exe and now have it in my main TDS folder (thanks)

4. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

0Grab all the good stuff there is, InnerPeace works with Genie, btw, in the tryout msagent on the main site you need Peedy the green parrot.
    Merlin is in a sample script where Robby the robot explains in English what Merlin is going to say in French.
    So you need to get the french TTS engine for that too.
    You can use TDS as a pronounciation helper too that way.
    TDS > Configuration > Misc change the slider for other test voices.
    Hiow do you think i created that welcomeF.wav in the tests files? Just used a TTS engine online too.
    On Grandpa Jim's page lots of different agents aer used.
    If you get the characters Peedy and ..forgot the name of the cat.. where Peedy sings America and shoots the cat, it's lovely!
    There are whole theaters with those things, some really very advanced.
    If Wayne would not have put the speech which is part of the whole msagent technology in TDS then most probably i would not have discovered that world at all.
    I thought those were just stupid childish bots, till i learned to work with them and saw other people's projects!

If you have the ZoneAlarm firewall you might like in the user submitted area Jazzie's ZAmonitor script which does a lot when some instrusion would try to take place.
    And when you grow you will see Andreas(W)'s Screx script, which is really great!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.