specific911 hijack

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by hardwire, Mar 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hardwire

hardwire Registered Member

Hello all
    I would like to learn more about "specific911:

• Does anybody know what websites are likly to infect the unsuspecting?
    • Does SpywareBlaster have code to scan for specific911?
    I have looked on the web but found the information quite slim. If anybody has a better source of information on the subject please let me know. Thanks.

2. dubious

dubious Guest

I'm beginning to suspect that Spyware Doctor has -- perhaps -- made up Specific911 Hijack as a sales tactic.

Only Spyware Doctor can "find" it in my system, not AdAware, not Panda's new Internet Security suite 2005, and not Panda's online (Free and excellent) ActiveScan. And I found no mention of it while doing a site search on Symantec and Panda.

After Spyware Doctor "finds" Specific911 Hijack, it does not disinfect it (like Panda's ActiveScan does when it finds stuff). Instead Spyware Doctor wants you to buy their package to rid yourself of what MAY not be there in the first place.

Has anybody "found" this malware with any tool except Spyware Doctor? And why is there nothing on the Web about it except questions? No descriptions, no removal tools...nuttin'!

3. stretched

stretched Registered Member

alright I wrote this reply and something happened, had to write it again....

look out for these, do not click them no matter what if you see something like this on a search, for whatever you may be searching on yahoo or the others:

special911.net
    special911.com
    baikalsk.com
    qoclick.com

and additions like:

baikalsklake.com
    baikalskshop.com
    baikalskhotel.com

and UMAX PPC or UMAXPPC

and the link usually is like this:

! baikalsk.com
    ! qoclick.com
    ! UMAX PPC

And becareful if you are browsing looking for info since many of these also look like this

qoclick.com/forum

and contain text tricking one into thinking that it is a real forum containing the type of help you are looking for.

Also spyware doctor finds some of it and removes it, but does not solve the problem, use as many as you can of those programs, and I am still trying to fix it all, if anyone can help please do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited: Aug 27, 2005
  4. tink2dw

tink2dw Registered Member

OK? Why not add these bad boys via the Custom Blocking tool to your SpywareBlaster?? to get blasted?? :rolleyes:

special911.net
    special911.com
    baikalsk.com
    qoclick.com

and additions like:

baikalsklake.com
    baikalskshop.com
    baikalskhotel.com

and UMAX PPC or UMAXPPC

and the link usually is like this:

! baikalsk.com
    ! qoclick.com
    ! UMAX PPC

and the forum

qoclick.com/forum

Last edited: Aug 28, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.