SPAMfighter Problem

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by jpcummins, Feb 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jpcummins

jpcummins Registered Member

I have been using the SPAMfighter free version for well over a year with absolutely no problems. However, today I was offered a free update which when I attempted to update I received the following message:

"error 1722 There is a problem with this Installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected contact your support personnel or package vendor. Action Register SFEngine, location: regsvr.ext command..."

Not sure what I need to do. Any recommendations or suggestions will be very much appreciated and I would thank you in advance.

John

Last edited: Feb 8, 2012
  2. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

I suggest you find another anti spam software, as while SPAMfighter is an excellent anti spam product, the company that makes it is in my opinion really shady. Which is an excellent reason to stay well clear of any of their products.

3. jpcummins

jpcummins Registered Member

Roger M

I have been so pleased with SPAMfighter free that I haven't even thought about looking for another spam program to take its place. I was more concerned with why I couldn't install the update. I thought that perhaps I was having a problem with the msiexec.exe file but do not know how to check to see if in fact there is a problem with it. But if I can't get SPAMfighter back then what do you suggest I replace it with. Please remember that SPAMfighter is free.

John

4. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

5. ellison64

ellison64 Registered Member

Ive been using spamihilator for years .It is imo the best there out there.It filters spam at the server so you dont need a junk/spam folder in your mail client.Highly configurable and relativly easy to setup...and its free.
    http://www.spamihilator.com/

6. MerleOne

MerleOne Registered Member

There is a nice alternative which integrates directly into most e-mail clients : spamsnipper. I think the Windows Live Mail version is free (it used to be at least), and it is a lifetime license (well, used to be at least).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.