Spamfighter not working with NOD32 Anti Virus

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by uphillcat, Jan 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. uphillcat

uphillcat Registered Member

Hi, I have OE with the latest version of Spamfighter and ESET NOD32 Anti Virus installed on 2 machines.
    On the machine with Windows 2000 it works fine, on the machine with XP, NOD32 grabs the incoming mails before spamfighter, so all the SPAM goes into the inbox.
    I have now checked the ESET 'disable checking of unread messages' on client integration, but still no joy. Spamfighter 'clean folder' does clean the inbox correctly, but I really would like it if all the SPAM went into the SPAMfighter folder, as it does on the Windows 2000 machine.
    Many thanks in advance for any help.

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

3. ethernal

ethernal Registered Member

or switch to "spambayes" .. open source and quite awesome in all aspects.

4. uphillcat

Many thanks - this is probably a stupid question, but doesn't unchecking the client integration mean that mail won't be checked by NOD32 anti virus?

5. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Hi again !

You are welcome.

It isn't stupid question . No , unchecking integration doesn't mean mail won't be scanned . Integration is only for extra options , an ESET button (s) . Web and Mail traffic scanning is performed by other module :thumb:

6. uphillcat

Many thanks, it worked. I just had to uncheck the integrate mail client box, and didn't even have to uninstall and reinstall spamfighter.
    Thanks again!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.