Spacing between text [HTML code]

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by m00nbl00d, May 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. m00nbl00d

m00nbl00d Registered Member

I hope this is the right place to ask my doubt. If not, please, could a moderator move it to the proper place? Thank you.

OK. This is my doubt. It's related to HTML code. A family member created a personal blog (blogspot), but, the spacing between the different paragraphs in one same post is quite huge. Something like:

My family member asked if I understand HMTL, which I just know a little bit. I looked at the HTML code, regarding the posts part, but, what ever I change just won't do it.
    I googled for it for a while now, but so far nothing.

So, I remembered to type the text in HTML mode. Something like:

But, it stays the same as before.

Is there some code I can place at both beginning and end of a paragraph, so that the spacing gets shorter?

Thanks

Edit: I replaced the <p> and </pg> with <br> and <br /> and it shorted the spacing a bit, but, wouldn't there be some other option?

Last edited: May 26, 2009
  2. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

m00nbl00d, without seeing the code, sounds like a CSS (Cascading Style Sheets) property is controlling the line height between paragraphs. The <br /> HTML tag is the only way to diminish that spacing, unless you have access to the CSS Stylesheet and can change it.

Here you'll find CSS Text Properties and samples that you can play with. Of importance, look at Specify the space between lines example.

3. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

4. m00nbl00d

m00nbl00d Registered Member

I showed my family member to see if the <br> HTML tag did the trick or not for him, and he likes it more as it is than before.

But, I will, for sure, take a look at both your suggestions, even if to learn myself. Time to evolve, I guess!

Thank you both.

5. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

m00nbl00d, you're welcome! The w3schools.com site has lots of other tutorials for HTML, CSS, XML, JavaScript, etc., that will help you learn at your own pace. Take care.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.