SP Desktop Evaluation CD, can't create

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by hjbyram, Apr 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hjbyram

hjbyram Registered Member

I am trying to create the Shadow Protect Desktop Evaluation CD from the download. I have Roxio Easy CD Creator 5.3.5.10b, no longer supported apparently. I am getting a Wait Failed error trying to create the CD from the .iso format & can't find any info on this specific error on the Roxio website & Roxio won't help due to no support for that version.

I'm not interested in upgrading Roxio, this is about the 1st I've used it, so does anyone know if I can create the Evaluation CD from older Roxio? Or is there some freeware out there I can use to do this?

Thanks

2. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

3. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

the evalutation cd is in ISO format or other cd image, right? just use imgburn

4. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Last edited: Apr 24, 2007
  5. grnxnm

grnxnm Registered Member

Some users have reported problems with their downloaded .ISO file. StorageCraft has been experiencing many DOS attacks lately, and this has impacted users who are downloading ISO files. I suggest that you download the file again using an FTP manager like CuteFTP (one that can restart where it left off after a failure).

6. hjbyram

Thank you everyone for the great pointers & links. I have been successful & apparently did it correctly - left the CD in after installation was complete & upon restart, was asked whether or not to boot using StorageCraft Recovery System- Praise the lord, success at last.

ErikAlbert - I did your suggestion first & messed up my first CD by not looking carefully enough at the options. I ended up with a copy of the .iso file, DUH. When I did the correct thing, it kept telling me the disc wasn't empty. I rebooted & still got that same error. (Yes, it was an empty unused disc)

So, moved on to WSFuser's link & was successful the 1st time. I guess these people knew I'm a total idiot & it all worked beautifully for me. I couldn't have been happier, & more pleased (& surprised, too).

aigle, I will keep that link, thanks so much.

Hey I really appreciate your help everyone.

7. hjbyram

Hi grnxnm,
    Thanks for the note. Although the download took awhile (I have issues with my DSL) I think that the download itself was ok.

My problems then started when I had to create the Evaluation CD from the extracted download file. My old version of Easy Creator CD would choke when it hit about 9% & then either lock up the whole PC, or finally give a WAIT FAILED error.

I was finally able to get the Evaluation CD created correctly via ImgBurn.

I must look into CuteFTP, though - thanks

8. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

That is typical for ALL softwares, some love your system, others hate your system.
    At least you found a good CD-burner that loves your system. Good luck with it. :cool:

9. hjbyram

Hi ErikAlbert -I'm not sure it was the software, because the first time it was successful & didn't give any errors. Unfortunately, I didn't select the proper write from ISO options or something like that, totally my fault.

I had this same error with MusicMatch Jukebox Version 10. I had lots of problems with that one, so ultimately uninstalled MMJ.

10. grnxnm

grnxnm Registered Member

Whoops, I misled you. :( The .ISO image file is not available via FTP. It can only be downloaded using the generated managed link. So you can't download it with some FTP client like Cute FTP.

So, if anyone experiences problems download .ISO files from StorageCraft, the Denial-of-Service attacks that we have been experiencing occur mostly in the evening and at night time so the best time to do your download is during US daylight hours.

11. grnxnm

grnxnm Registered Member

On the topic of CD burning tools which can burn CDs from a given .ISO file, I like the free CDBurnerXP tool. It works well and installs no drivers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.