Source not viewable ?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by CloneRanger, May 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CloneRanger

CloneRanger Registered Member

Went to this www with scripting etc enabled, which was purported to be hosting Rootkit TDL 4 (alias TDSS, Alureon.DX, Olmarik) to DL'd the nasty dll.exe. When i tried to view the source, it was Completely blank ?

dll.gif

As it turned out the file was a dud = Zero bytes ? So either the've screwed up or ?

Anyway, on several occasions in the past i've come across this blank source issue, and wondered why that should be. If anyone knows, or has ideas, please let me know :thumb:

2. CloneRanger

Nobody knows ?

:(

3. Rmus

Rmus Exploit Analyst

When the URL is to a direct download of a file, you aren't actually going to a web page. Rather, you are retrieving a file from the server, so there is no HTML code or JS code to view. Hence, the Page Source is greyed out.

Same with a PDF or any other document file. I just downloaded this and there is no page source:

hxxp://www.eeb.ucla.edu/Faculty/Gibson/Santa_Monica_Mountains_plants/Opuntia_ficus-indica_UCLA_SantaMonicas.pdf

regards,

-rich

4. CloneRanger

@ Rmus

Thanks for replying & the explanation :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.