Sour grapes - final comments

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by danmaday, Mar 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. danmaday

danmaday Registered Member

I tried Build 2337 and gave up. My goal was to build a stable Dell Optiplex GX620 for my little town in VA, sysprep it, and then clone it 5 times. Simple, yes? Well I had nothing but problems. Because my original build 2323 could not read the DVDs it created I lost time. My source PC went into production. The user upgrade the cd creation software on the PC to Roxio 7 and after I loaded build 2337 on the source PC I could not even create a recovery disk. I kept getting errors. The CD light would not even come on before I got an error yet I could easily write a recovery cd on my old PC which is using an old version (6, I believe) of Nero.

The fact that Acronis TI depends on what CD/DVD writing software already existing on the system is inexcuseable.

~snip~ Removed comments having nothing to do with Acronis True Image. - Ron

I leave with the question - Why is this stuff so hard? There ought to be a simple method to clone PCs.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2006
  2. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

Yes it's Acronis MigrateEasy. I'm using version 6, never had a problem. But I never got any version of ATI to work. And ghost that destroys MBR's. At least for those I know.

3. Chutsman

Chutsman Registered Member

Dan, Roxio's DragToDisk, which starts by default when Windows starts, has to be disabled - not allowed to start. For some reason, I don't know why, DragToDisk and TI do not get along.

4. x=y+z

x=y+z Registered Member

I have been using Roxio 7 with DragToDisk and TI8/TI9. There is no conflict. When you're creating a recovery disk, try to insert a CD just after you click OK(?) to start writing a recovery disk.

5. Howard Kaikow

Howard Kaikow Registered Member

Most any, if not all, optical writing software grabs control of an optical drive when media is inserted.

You have to insert the media AFTER TI is ready to access the media.

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello danmaday,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please find several workarounds in case you cannot create Acronis True Image Bootable CD in this post.

If none of these tips help then please submit a request for technical support. Please provide us with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread in your request. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.