sound settings

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by INTOXSICKATED, May 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. INTOXSICKATED

INTOXSICKATED Registered Member

i didn't know where to post this, but anyways........my sound settings keep getting changed. apears to be random, every now and then i'll go to listen to some music and i can barely hear it. i go into the control panel>sounds and audio devices>speaker volume, and it's set to low. if i move it back to high, everything is fine, but a few days later it will be back on low again. any ideas on what causes these settings to change on their own? it's kinda irritating.

2. Close_Hauled

Close_Hauled Registered Member

1) What media players are you using?

2) What sound card are you using?

3) What mulimedia hardware do you have (speakers, keyboards, etc.)?

Last edited: May 15, 2005
  3. INTOXSICKATED

for audio i use quintessential player, but for video i use real 10.5 or wmp 10. i have a logitech speaker system and the standard sony keyboard that cam with my comp. oops! what are all these exclamation points? messed up drivers. my sound seems to work fine.

Attached Files:

4. Close_Hauled

You will have to re-install all of those drivers.

The simplest way:

1) Select "Show Hidden Devices" from the View menu.

2) Right-click on each of the exclamation points and select Uninstall on each (Audio Codecs will not uninstall).

3) Once they are all uninstalled, select "Scan for hardware changes" from the Action menu. You may need to restart.

If this does not fix it, you need to get the drivers from the manufactirer and re-install.

Good luck.

5. INTOXSICKATED

ok, the simplest way worked. i get paranoid messing with some hardware drivers. just went through a nightmare situation trying to upgrade my video card driver. :mad: anyways, all is well now! thanx so much for the help.

mr. intox

6. Close_Hauled

You are welcome. The picture helped a lot. Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.