SOS-Trend Micro 2007 Trend Secure Panel

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Jackie, Oct 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jackie

Jackie Registered Member

Can you help?

I have tried to remove the popup Trend Secure panel from PC-Cillen 2007 because it is a hog on the system. I do not use the services it provides (remote lockdown, etc.) and do not need such a piggy eating up my resources.

I did alter the registry hotkey and was able to keep the popup from automatically appearing on the main console, but it still runs in the background. Someone had posted earlier about being able to remove this porker from running in the background, but I can't find that message using "search." If you, the reader, happen to be that "someone," I sure would like to know how you solved this problem.

Help or suggestions from any of you would be greatly appreciated. Among the many TM processes shown on my task manager, one program running in the background is called Pcscnsrv.exe. Does anyone know if this refers to the Trend Secure server and if removing it from startup would impair the operation of Trend Micro?

I have contacted TM tech regarding help on this issue, but they either can't or will not give me info to disable this feature of Trend Micro.

Thanks very much,
    Jackie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.