Sophos Anti-Virus 7 with Server 2008?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by masqueofhastur, Jan 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. masqueofhastur

masqueofhastur Registered Member

My University's IT department offers Sophos 7 for free. On the download it lists compatibility with XP, S2K3 and Vista, but not S2K8. On Sophos's website I can find info on Sophos Antivirus SBE 2.5, which does list S2K8 support. I'm not sure how the version numbers go, as 7 isn't listed on Sophos's site that I can find. Am I likely to experience any compatibility issues?

2. Macstorm

Macstorm Registered Member

Not sure what you mean, is it Email server 2008 what youre asking? are you going to install sophos on your not-networked home computer, right? in that case you'll only need the standalone installers, see pics below.

sophos.jpg
    sophos2.jpg

3. masqueofhastur

masqueofhastur Registered Member

I missed the 7.6 down near the bottom. Thanks for the screen shot.

Yes, it would be the stand alone installer. I see it says platforms protected includes Server 2008 but it doesn't mention anything for the Standalone 7.6 installer. Normally I'd just download it, but AV software can be finicky.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.