Sophos Anti-Rootkit 1.5 now supports Vista, Windows 7 and 64-bit

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Chubb, Jul 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chubb

Chubb Registered Member

2. TheKid7

TheKid7 Registered Member

I downloaded Sophos Anti-Rootkit 1.5, installed it on my Windows 7 RC PC and performed a scan. The scan took about 8 minutes and, as I expected, it did not find any rootkits.

I did not want to register to download Sophos Anti-Rootkit so I used the direct Sophos download link ("Author's Site") at MajorGeeks*com.

http://majorgeeks.com/Sophos_Anti-Rootkit_d5238.html

I then calculated a MD5Sum on the downloaded file to verify that it matched the one provided at Sophos. The MD5Sum matched.

The EULA (End User License Agreement) seemed very long compared to most EULA's. I did not read it all so I hope that the content that I agreed to is OK.

3. StevieO

StevieO Registered Member

Strange, the www states not for Vista, but it is ?

Bit of a surprise Sophos updating it after so long, but good for them as many of the other ARK coders have gone quiet. But the Malware writers are alive and kicking, and using RK's and stealth even more than ever, as predicted by a " certain someone " several years ago on here and eslewhere !

Chubb

Thanx

TheKid7

Nice tip for downloading, i've done that lots of times when there have been problems etc with the vendors www.

The EULA quite clearly says ( you agree to forfit 10% of your income for life from now on ) Only kidding lol.

Attached Files:

4. HAN

HAN Registered Member

I ran it and it found several false positives. Of course, that's part of the territory for rootkit detectors. But still, it found several MS files that were clean...

5. progress

progress Guest

The same here, I will never use it again :thumbd:

6. Chubb

Chubb Registered Member

The web information is not yet updated. Please refer to the system requirements in the user manual at http://www.sophos.com/sophos/docs/eng/manuals/sar_15_umeng.pdf

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.