Sony to shell out $15M in PSN breach settlement

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by Minimalist, Jul 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Minimalist

Minimalist Registered Member

2. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

Woohoo, free games and PSN services. I'm sure the actual expense of this is no place near the retail value. This costs them a mere fraction of what they are publicizing. And that hack is still the reason I will likely never buy another Sony game console. Had to get a new debit card, months long disruption of service, changing of passwords (multiple since I don't know if anything else that ran through the PS3 has its password stored by Sony. Netflix, etc.) Someone tried to hack my email account, and I still get spam from this to this day. Yep, a free PSN trial makes up for them storing all of my info in plain text... What I would really like to see is that they are actually encrypting the data like they said they were before, and they don't store any information that is not necessary for them to have in the first place.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.