Sonic GDIPlus Error

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by Lindsey523, Mar 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lindsey523

Lindsey523 Registered Member

Whenever I try to burn a DVD with Sonic's MyDVD, I always get this error message:
    operating system error: Gdiplus::Status 0x80040200 -13. I've tried fixing all the vulnerable GDIPlus.dll files, but I still get the error message. I can post a log of GDIScan if needed. I'm assuming this is related to the vulnerability issue with GDIPlus.

2. aka:snowman

aka:snowman Former Poster

Lindsey523

I have no knowledge of the program you mention in your post....however, the error you posted....isn't that related to a "connection" problem ??/

Are you trying to connect to the internet while burning....or perhaps the program is trying to register itself................just a wild guess.

3. aka:snowman

aka:snowman Former Poster

Sorry....seems I was in-correct.....did some research.......

4. eyes-open

eyes-open Registered Member

I think the only way the vulnerability would affect you is if you had an older version of the program and for some reason a required but vulnerable version of a GDIplus driver had been removed or unregistered.

Here are 2 links you may find useful - the first is a general insight into the actual vulnerability & how to investigate it:-

bleepingcomputer

This second is from sonic.com which offers a patch/updated driver for those with older vulnerable versions of Sonics MyDvD:-

cs.sonic.com

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.