Sonic GDIPlus Error

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by Lindsey523, Mar 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lindsey523

Lindsey523 Registered Member

Whenever I try to burn a DVD with Sonic's MyDVD, I always get this error message:
    operating system error: Gdiplus::Status 0x80040200 -13. I've tried fixing all the vulnerable GDIPlus.dll files, but I still get the error message. I can post a log of GDIScan if needed. I'm assuming this is related to the vulnerability issue with GDIPlus.

2. aka:snowman

aka:snowman Former Poster

Lindsey523

I have no knowledge of the program you mention in your post....however, the error you posted....isn't that related to a "connection" problem ??/

Are you trying to connect to the internet while burning....or perhaps the program is trying to register itself................just a wild guess.

3. aka:snowman

aka:snowman Former Poster

Sorry....seems I was in-correct.....did some research.......

4. eyes-open

eyes-open Registered Member

I think the only way the vulnerability would affect you is if you had an older version of the program and for some reason a required but vulnerable version of a GDIplus driver had been removed or unregistered.

Here are 2 links you may find useful - the first is a general insight into the actual vulnerability & how to investigate it:-

bleepingcomputer

This second is from sonic.com which offers a patch/updated driver for those with older vulnerable versions of Sonics MyDvD:-

cs.sonic.com

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.