Something that would be very useful for me.

Discussion in 'Forum Related Discussions' started by AnthonyG, May 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AnthonyG

AnthonyG Registered Member

This is a sugestion that would be extremelly useful for me, im not sure on other peoples opinions or even if it is possible. But would it be possible to have automatic email notification subscription for all topics you start on the forum. As i constanly forget to set it when posting and it seems like it would be very useful for members. As it is now set as automatic non subscription and you have to choose to subscribe while posting. My suggstion would be to have it the other way round i.e Automatic subscription and the option to choose not to subscribe.

thanks
    Anthony

2. Paranoid2000

Paranoid2000 Registered Member

3. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

4. AnthonyG

Thanks for your help on this guys but can i ask is there any way to set it to just give email conformation to topics i have stated, as it seems to be giving me an email to every topic i post in, i.e a lot of emails to me.

I know i can manually choose not to receive them when posting but the point of the original post was that i forget.

So is there anyway just to get email conformation to just topics i start myself

Thanks

5. ~*Nat*~

~*Nat*~ Registered Member

Hi Anthony,

I think the only way you will not receive any more messages, is by
    unsubscribing to the threads you don't want to be notified about. ;) :)

6. Marja

Marja Honestly, I'm not a bot!!

It used to be set to send you email about any subject you posted in - it could get pretty crowded in a mailbox, now, you have to set it to send to you.......much better than the old way to my way of thinking?!

Just my $34.02! :D

7. AnthonyG

Yes but is there no way one of the sites admins or moderators could set it so it only emails you to notify you of replies to topics youve started.

It would be a very usefull addition to the site in my opinion.

8. snapdragin

snapdragin Registered Member

Hi Anthony1uk,

I think I know what you are trying to say, but this can be accomplished by members, themselves for the threads they choose to subscribe to. I'll try and explain with maybe the help of some images.

In your User Control Panel (click on the link "User CP" at the top of this forum), then once in your Control Panel, you'll see to the left a list of "Settings & Options". Click on the "Edit Options" in that list. Then scroll down a bit and under the "Messaging & Notification" section, you'll see Default Thread Subscription Mode.

It's there that you want to make sure it is set at the default - "Do not subscribe". (see attachment) If it's not, then click on the down arrow and highlight the "Do not subscribe" option, to choose it. Then scroll to the botton of that page and click the "Save Changes".

Attached Files:

9. snapdragin

snapdragin Registered Member

Now when you want to subscribe to a thread you've started, or one you've posted in, or if you just want to subscribe to a thread even though you haven't posted in it, you can use the "Thread Tools", which you'll find in the upper right corner of each thread.

Click on the "Thread Tools" and then highlight the "Subscribe to this Thread" option.

You will be redirected to your User Control Panel where you can subscribe to the thread by clicking the "Add Subscription" button. You can see in the screen shot below that I have subscribed to 23 threads so far, to which I get an instant notification by email when there is a reply made to any of those 23 threads. :)

To unsubscribe to any of the threads you've subscribed too, you can either do it using the "Thread Tools" and choosing "Unsubscribe to thread", or by going into your User Control Panel, clicking on "List Subscriptions" and removing the one's you no longer want to subscribe to by entering a check in the box and choosing "Delete Subscription" at the bottom of that list.

I hope that helps a bit more?

Regards,

snap

Attached Files:

10. Marja

That looks like what we were trying to say, thank goodness for Snap!! :D

THANKS! SNAP! :D

11. ~*Nat*~

I don't call her our 'heroine' in vain. ;) :D

12. AnthonyG

Thnk you for that snapdragon, its not automatic but its almost as good as.

Thanks
    Anthony

13. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

14. ~*Nat*~

15. Marja

LUCKY, LUCKY SNAP! :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.