Something Strange

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by macpeteo, Feb 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. macpeteo

macpeteo Registered Member

This morning I was expecting an output from my NOD32 (Ver2.7) and lo and behold there was none! I checked for the "green/white" icon in my tray and it was not there also!

Doing a search of ESET, I found the folder but there was no executable anywhere to be found.

So, I reinstalled my original download version and it come right up, told me that my data was out of date and proceeded to scan my disk after a reboot.

So, what happened? The only thing that I can remember is that a few days back, perhaps Wednesday, I had a message on my screen from "Spyware Doctor" informing me to reboot as there was a minor issue found and I needed to reboot (when I had a chance), I rebooted and all was well.

So, now the question is , was Spyware Doctor hijacked?? Its a trusted application by me so I did not question it at the time (or run a manual check).

I'm currently at work, so when I get home I will know if NOD32 has updated itself to the current data version and I will scan again.

-Macpete

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

This appears very much as a retaliation by PC Tools for NOD32 detecting its Beta program heuristically. It has now been fixed by PC Tools.

Blackspear.

3. macpeteo

It's very disappointing hear that PC Tools or anyones program is playing games. This is/has caused me great concern not to mention the reinstall of my anti virus software.

Yikes!!

Macpete

4. macpeteo

But I guess the next question is, can NOD32 do something to prevent something like this from happening, I mean, allowing another program to remove it!?

Thanks,
    Macpeteo

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.