something strange

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by maddawgz, Aug 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maddawgz

maddawgz Registered Member

hi all , I've noticed this for a while things found by trend like TROJ_SMALL.CIU dont seem to be found by other's like symantec, is this common i went to symantec site and it had no knowledge of it?
    Search Results for: TROJ_SMALL.CIU produced zero results
    you think most would have it on there list just something i noticed with trend for a while, i guess u could look at it like Trend is way ahead in malaware then others, if u google it cant see one other vendor

2. solarpowered candle

solarpowered candle Registered Member

perhaps they call it by some other name? if you upload it to Jottis online malware scanner you may see if its recognised and what name they call it by or if they havent recognised it as yet.

3. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

The vendors often have there own names for the same thing. If you are using Trend the next time it finds something submit it to jotti's or Virus Total and you will probably get more than one hit.

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

It's better to submit the samples to Virus Total. I have often experienced problems with wrong results from Jotti's scanner, sometimes you have to upload a file more times to get a correct result.

5. maddawgz

maddawgz Registered Member

oh thanks never though't of that

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.