Something similar to AVG linkscanner?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by AlexC, Jul 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AlexC

AlexC Registered Member

AVG linkscanner download for x64 is about 90MB... Anything similar and reliable for IE9 (win7 x64)?
    Thanks!

2. m00nbl00d

m00nbl00d Registered Member

You could give BitDefender TrafficLight a try. The version for IE is an installer, which also works for other browsers as well.

The last time I tried, it slowed down browsing quite a bit. A new version came out since that time, though.

Give it a try. :)

3. J_L

J_L Registered Member

SmartScreen Filter is similar and works well, make sure you enable that. As for other third-party separate alternatives, there are G Data CloudSecurity, Trend Micro Browser Guard, and M86 SecureBrowsing.

4. carat

carat Guest

5. J_L

J_L Registered Member

That thread includes products which looks up website reputation via online databases and/or user opinion, instead of real-time link scanning.
    If you're looking for those as well, there are far more alternatives.

6. AlexC

AlexC Registered Member

Thanks all for the answers. I tried Bitdefender Traficlight and although seems promising, it didn´t worked for me. After I’ve installed it, i googled for "warez" and "crack" and all results came with a green mark. I tried again and all results came with a yellow mark. Maybe because is still a beta. I decided to stick with WOT and SmartScreen, both are working great so far. Thanks:thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.