Something is wrong with my update

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by michael38, May 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. michael38

michael38 Registered Member

Whenever i start eset smart securiy 3.0.621, the protection status tells me that the virus signature database is out of date. and when i click update again, the update tab shows up and tells me that 'Update is not necessary- this virus signature database is current'. my current version VSD is 3035 so i know that is not up to date, is there a way to update it or manually update the virus databaseo_O

thx in advance

2. Wyrd

Wyrd Registered Member

Are you sure that your copy is licensed? This shouldn't be happening if you have a valid license, be it a trial version or a purchased one. I would suggest that you uninstall the program, clean your registry, disable for a while any other security software, except things like Windows Firewall, and then do a clean re-install. Hopefully, this will help.

3. Wyrd

Wyrd Registered Member

One more thing--get the latest version of the suite, which is 3.0.650 (in English).

4. pac73

pac73 Registered Member

Or,open Nod32,Set Up,Enter Entire Advanced Set Up Tree,Update,and clear update cache.

After you,ve done that,then try again to update to see if it helped.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.