Something is going on with Spybot - NOD32 alerts

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Arelem, Jul 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arelem

Arelem Registered Member

Re: NOD32 with Spybot &/or Ad-Aware?

Something is going on with Spybot. Since yesterday morning, I have been running 6 ways to Sunday because ESET was alerting on Spybot installs all over my company. I've had at least 15 PCs that I had to uninstall Spybot to stop the alerts. It was alerting on one of the heuristics files in Spybot.

I then started getting alerts on the restore points because parts of Spybot get backed up in those.

The PCs that I deleted the Spybot from and the restore points have stopped alerting. And this morning's restore points, after the Spybot delete yesterday, are scanning clean.

Something definitely changed with yesterday's ESET update and it stopped playing nice with Spybot.

2. siljaline

siljaline Registered Member

Re: NOD32 with Spybot &/or Ad-Aware?

I have requested that your query be split off this one to a new query since I believe your issues are unrelated to the main topic.

ESET is aware. Please stand by.

Thank you.

3. siljaline

siljaline Registered Member

Could you tell us what you mean by this ? What kind of alert ?

Could you be more specific as to what component of SpyBot was flagging ?

Please tell what version of ESET Software you have installed.

Post back your system information so that we may isolate the issue as to wether something in SpyBot is causing it's own flag or something with your ESET software in being flagged or is flagging a component of SpyBot.

We may and likely will request that you post a query at the Safer-Networking Support Forum in order to expedite this as best possible.

Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.