Something is disabling protection

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by timberwollf, Sep 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. timberwollf

timberwollf Guest

I am having trouble with something disabling Spyware Blaster's protection. Adshooter, coolweb search, and lop are a few that get disabled. What do I do?

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Hey timberwollf,

Which feature of SpywareBlaster protection(Internet Explorer\Restricted Sites)....is being disabled....concerning "Adshooter, coolweb search, and lop" ?

Also....what other Security\Privacy programs are you using....Spybot, Pest Patrol....etc....?

3. zurca

zurca Guest

Gentl

I found a incompatilility with Spyblaster(3,2)your software and Spybot clean soft.
    If i enable all Spyblaster protections Spybot Program detects this spy soft:

SearchForIt: Settings (Registry key, nothing done)
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\internet explorer\activex compatibility\{c109664b-ceb1-420b-b353-d55a561536dd}

If i clean it with Spyboot it happens that Spyblaster protection for this Spy protection (SearchForiT) changes to disable.

Best Regards

4. timberwollf

timberwollf Guest

Bubba,
    I am using spybot search and destroy, xsofyspy 3.44, and ad-aware se.

5. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Ok....do you recall if your noticing these items get disabled right after a scan of one of the programs your using ? After one of your scans....do you recall seeing the below info being reported ?

Pest: AdShooter.SearchForIt
    Pest Info: Category: Adware Background Info: Click here
    File Info: In Registry: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\internet
    explorer\activex compatibility\{c109664b-ceb1-420b-b353-d55a561536dd}
    |compatibility flags

If\when they get un-checked again in SpywareBlaster....would you Please note there location(Internet Explorer or Restricted Sites protection) and any other helpful info....ActiveX CLSID, the actual name displayed, URL address....etc.

Also....I recommend you reconsider using XoftSpy....it is considered "questionable, or dubious value as anti-spyware protection".

Found here---> Rogue/Suspect Anti-Spyware Products & Web Sites

Last edited: Sep 9, 2004
  6. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

@ zurca,

SearchForIt: Settings (Registry key, nothing done)
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\internet explorer\activex compatibility\{c109664b-ceb1-420b-b353-d55a561536dd}

That is being reported as a False positive on Spybot's part and is recommended that you have Spybot ignore that item from further scans until it's fixed by Spybot. I also recommend you re-check that item off in SpywareBlaster if you haven't already. More info\discussion can be found in the below link.

This link---> Spybot Update 8/30/04 False Positive?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.