Something Causing Lag

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by mlittle1105, Apr 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mlittle1105

mlittle1105 Registered Member

Something is causing lag on my computers. It was happening with my desktop, and I assumed that it was bad equipment (because I was dealing with a variety of other issues). That computer is now being repaired by the manufacturer so I'm working from my laptop and having the exact same issues.

The issues seem to occur most frequently when I am surfing the web. Some examples of the "lag" I am experiencing are:

• I will hover over a link and it might take as long as 5-7 seconds before the cursor switches to the hand, indicating that I'm hovering over a link
    • I'll be typing and the text freezes up. It actually happened just now... I had typed the entire word "freezes" before even the "f" started to show up. (And no, I'm not that fast of a typist.)
    • Pages will load partially, freeze up and then finish loading a few seconds later.

Since the problem is occurring on two computers, I'm trying to determine which software apps are installed on both machines. ESET Nod 32 is one of the few, which is why I am posting here. I also have the Adobe Flash Player installed on both, as well as Dropbox.

Can anyone suggest any tweaks that I can make to ESET Nod 32 (or the other applications I listed) that might help me with this issue? I know that I can disable ESET's "active protection" but I'm not sure if this, in and of itself, is enough to determine whether ESET could be the culprit. And I'm not sure how to tweak or uninstall the Adobe Flash player.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

2. SweX

SweX Registered Member

Do you have any other Security software running in real-time along with NOD?

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Also did you try disabling particular protection modules, one at a time, to find out if the issue's somehow connected to scanning?

4. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

Was there any other security software installed on the computers before you installed ESET's software? If so, what was it?

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.