someone can help me ?

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by fd222, Nov 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fd222

fd222 Registered Member

look at this pic,i wanna block 23 port ,although in lns's rules,it has 137-138 port rule,when i use x-scan,it told me there're some port are open,(139,135,123).

in fact,i found the rule "block about blocking 139",but it seems no available.

is there someone can help me,and told me how i can set it.

thanks!

Attached Files:

2. fd222

fd222 Registered Member

oh ,if there's a picture show the set,i'm very appreciation.....

3. fd222

fd222 Registered Member

my purpose is blocking some ports connect my local port.

4. Frederic

Frederic LnS Developer

Hi,

I'm not sure to understand what you want to block.

If you want to block other computers from internet connecting to your PC on the port 23, the rule is correct. But you should indicate TCP for the IP protocol.
    Also, normally the rule "Block incoming connections" from the enhanced ruleset should do the job for all ports, and you don't need this kind of rule (except if you want to allow everything and just block port 23).

If you want to block your computer to connect to a remote machine on port 23, then the 23 should be on the right part of the rule (because it is a destination port for a packet going from PC to internet).

Note that some local tools executed only on the PC with no remote side are not so relevant to check if a port is open or not.
    Only online scans (or scans between two computers) can help you to determine if a port is open or not.
    I don't know exactly how x-scan works.

Regards,

Frederic

5. fd222

fd222 Registered Member

Frederic
    thank you

yeah,I want to block other computer to connect my port ....

and I'am in Local Area Network so if I use online checking, it will display the ports of my server.

Another problem is when I use OUTPOST2009 firewall,there's no port can be scaned and no service can be found on my computer....

When I scaned my computer,I use the IP Address of Local Area Network,not 127.0.0.1 I cann't understand why it is happened

6. Climenole

Climenole Look 'n' Stop Expert

Hi fd222

Help us to help you fd222... o_O

1) You're talking about LnS installed on the Gateway/Server of you LAN: is that right?

2) You're running some firewall tests such as The Gibson Research Shields UP:
    https://www.grc.com/x/ne.dll?bh0bkyd2

and some ports are reported open or blocked instead of stealth. Is that right?

Question 1 : which rules set are you using with the PC used as Gateway/Server ?

Question 2 : what are you seeing in the LnS log?
    Upload a copy of this log here using the manage attachment button down the editing window of this forum

Hope you give us these information ASAP and solve this problem...

:)

7. fd222

fd222 Registered Member

This is the logs of X-scan:

------------------

You can see something about it,and in the LNS,the rules is like this..

look at the pictures:
    137.PNG
    139.PNG

it exists in LNS,but it looks no useful...

————————————————————
    In my gateway ,I think there's anything on it , I only on my computer installed the LNS.

even if I test on The Gibson Research Shields UP,it is not retrun me a real test result,because I'm in LAN,it can not get my IP Address,i think.

8. Climenole

Climenole Look 'n' Stop Expert

Hi fd222

Check your Gateway/Router configuration...

:)

9. Frederic

Frederic LnS Developer

Hi fd222,

For me X-Scan is just doing a local test probably on 127.0.0.1 and this is not relevant to verify the ports are stealth, for computers trying to connect to these ports from internet.

This kind of local interface is not present at NDIS level (this interface is not present in the list in the options tab), and so, packets sent on 127.0.0.1 are not visible to the packet filter.

Regards,

Frederic

10. fd222

fd222 Registered Member

Thank you

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.