SomeBody has Experience in MKS 2004

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by larouse, Sep 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. larouse

larouse Registered Member

Hi,

Like to know if some body has experince in MKS 2004 antivirus....I am in Trail Period but after update the Monitor does not active.

Show one Message that say:

UNABLE TO OPEN MKSMONEV Driver

I tried to activate manually but had not good luck...

Some suggest ?

Thank you,

2. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

larouse,

I've not run into this problem ever. I did take a quick look at the help system, and in the FAQ they do note that
    It might also help if you provided a little more indication of what your system is like. The OS and patch level, other processes (especially security related) that are running or have been previously installed. It's almost as though you have a conflict or something trapping the launch of the monitor service.

Blue

3. BlueZannetti

larouse,

I took a quick peek over at the Stormbyte MkS_vir forum. There is one thread that describes a problem similar to yours here. You might try some of the suggestions mentioned in that thread if you haven't already seen it.

Blue

4. Honyak

Honyak Registered Member

5. the Tester

the Tester Registered Member

Hi.

I have MKS_Vir 2004 and I'm also running Kerio 2.1.5.
    No problems updating here.

You could post your problem at the MKS support forum that was previously linked.

6. Honyak

Honyak Registered Member

Yes, the problem seemed to be with Kerio 4, several users reported this in the MKS forum as well as myself.

7. the Tester

the Tester Registered Member

Hi Honyak.

It was a conflict of some kind with Kerio 4x?

I almost downloaded that version.
    Glad that I installed Kerio 2.1.5 instead. :)

8. NAMOR

NAMOR Registered Member

aside for Kerio 4 there was a BAD update a few days ago and MKS_VIR monitor was detecting the update defs as malware, so the update files would not install. Disable the monitor and then do the update. :D

9. larouse

But I don't have any FireWall

10. BlueZannetti

larouse,

It's almost impossible to debug the situation without additional information. OK, you don't have a firewall and I see you've visited the Stormbyte forum, that's a start. But it helps to get a complete picture of your system

a. What OS are you running?
    b. What other security type programs are currently installed or have been installed in the past?
    c. Are there any other security type programs running at the same time?
    d. Have you tried an uninstall/cleanup/reinstall of the program yet? What was the outcome if you have?
    e. Notice any other unusual system behavior?

All these bits are part of the puzzle that will assist people trying to provide advice to you.

Blue

11. larouse

Blue,

Good Night and Thank you very much for you help the answer's are:

1.- I am using Win XP SP-1
    2.- PestPatrol, Spy Sweeper and Ewido ( still are installed )
    3.- I was using Dr.Web and Virus Buster and NOD32 but were Uninstalled
    4.- I Uninstalled MKS three times, Delete the Folder complete
    5.- If I reboot the System run Good but if want to following working won't work the monitor,

Thank you,

larouse

12. solarpowered candle

solarpowered candle Registered Member

you are maybe better off installing a firewall first . kind of overdose with all the anti virus scanners yet no firewall at all.

13. BlueZannetti

larouse,

Since you are running Win XP, are there any messages in the event log that are connected to the problem (Start>Control Panel>Administrative Tools>Event Viewer)? Check under both Application and System Events,

I run mks_vir 2004 under Win XP, as do many others, so that's not a primary issue. Don't know about post uninstall issues that may be related to Dr Web or Virus Buster (haven't tried them), but I had no issues related to NOD32. I wouldn't uninstall Pest Patrol, Spysweeper, or Ewido - but to verify that there were no conflicts with any of them, I'd run msconfig (Start>Run> type in "msconfig" press enter) and disable all entries related to these applications under the startup and services tabs (usually it's clear what to disable, sometimes not), and see if mks_vir loads with these apps and services disabled. If it does, I'd re-enable them in sequence and see where the problem starts. The source of the conflict is then identified. If this doesn't yield a successful start of mks_vir, I'd probably disable all non-OS related applications and services and go through the same re-enabling process, always starting with mks_vir and adding from there.

Finally, you could try to install with Pest Patrol/Spysweeper/Ewido disabled in the event that the install is being corrupted for some reason.

Blue

14. larouse

Blue,

Thank you very much and the Information under System view to show problem say:

Windows saved user VECRISA-IBMT41\Benjamin registry while an application or service was still using the registry during log off. The memory used by the user's registry has not been freed. The registry will be unloaded when it is no longer in use.

This is often caused by services running as a user account, try configuring the services to run in either the LocalService or NetworkService account.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

I don't know if this would help ?

Thank you

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.