some threats... should I worry ?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by pykko, Feb 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pykko

pykko Registered Member

Yesterday I decided to perform a scan with Avira and it found 2 threats in windows\system32: one was: APPL\CloseApp and the other one the dropper of the same malware. My primary AV is NOD32 that said nothing about them.

Should I worry about them o_O Some other AVs detect them too as riskware\hacker tools. They were created after installing Vista Transformation Pack.

Also, I found another file detected by Avira as: TR/Agent.42064 and also by Bit Defender as Trojan.Simple.VB.A. I've submitted it to sunbelt sandbox and it seems dangerous... you can see the results here: http://research.sunbelt-software.com/ViewMalware.aspx?id=128092 (it deletes and destroys Windows and changes many registry entries and so on..). This last one I've submitted to ESET and nothing.

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Do you have Pottentially unsafe and unwanted applications enabled?
    Virus Total and mail to support .

Can you provide a link to this Vista Transformation pack / send it to Support

Send them to support as you suggest in a recent threat . You know the email :thumb: :)

3. pykko

pykko Registered Member

I have it enabled.

I will do it.

I'll try it but I'm afraid I won't get an answer. I'll keep you up with the details anyway.

4. ASpace

ASpace Guest

At least they'll have them . If they don't have them now , it is absolutely not possible anything to be done :)

5. pykko

pykko Registered Member

I got a reply from support thanking me for telling them about the problem. :D They said nothing about the files but hope they'll analyse them soon.

6. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Good news to read ;)

7. pykko

pykko Registered Member

the file I submitted to sunbelt sandbox was added today as Win32/VB.NDG :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.