Some reviews on "Silent-Sword" please...

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by trock, Jul 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trock

trock Registered Member

I am new to the forum and have learned a great deal.

My current security is:

nod32
    tds-3
    look n stop

and recently added silent sword to my menu. I had a strong recommendation from a couple software techs I know, and would like to know others opinion about this software.

Also, I run the basic free packages such as adaware and spybot s&d stuff.

Any reviews or critques of silentsword is appreciated. So far, I am impressed by the idea.

trock

2. Pollmaster

Pollmaster Guest

This http://www.silent-sword.com/?

So it's a white list of allows programs (binary files or processes?) Sorry not new. Abtrusion protector did this years ago.

30 seconds? So I guess we are talking about monitoring files then.

OMG, what a *new* idea, monitoring startups. Something a million other programs like Regdefend ,PrevX, Safensec and to a lesser extent pollers like winpatrol, MSAS, Mjregistry watcher(reverses the change then asks you what to do) don't already do. :p

~snipped comment - TOS~ dog

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2005
  3. Vikorr

Vikorr Registered Member

Pssst Pollmaster...just because something isn't new or revolutionary doesn't mean it isn't good...Blizzard (game company) is a prime example of that...a single game - World of Warcraft is now raking in something like $25m a month - so $300m a year...and very very few of it's idea's are 'new'...but they made a very good product out of those idea's <they have a history of making games using similar development methodology>

By the way, I don't know anything about silentsword, and there are other programs that do similar things to it. However that said, if you have friends that use it, and know how to use it, then 'support' for the product in the form of help from your friends is important.

4. tuatara

tuatara Registered Member

Hi Trock, welcome here!

Personnaly i didn't test Silent-Sword yet.

But perhaps you can read this:

http://www.antisource.com/article.php/silent-sword-review

Most users here use other Programs here that can do the same thing
    (or more) like ProcessGuard,Tiny Personal Firewall Pro (which is now at CA btw) SSM, etc. etc.

5. Pollmaster

Pollmaster Guest

Did I say it's not good? I'm just saying it not's "revolutionary".
    To the makers of this product :Good luck with the patents btw, with the ways things are going to today, I bet you will get it!

I know all products use hyperbole to sell their products, but this one is just too funny.

Yes, you are better off sticking to what everyone uses here, since chances are we know best. After all, this is the top and most important computer security forum on the internet.

6. trock

trock Registered Member

Thank you all for the feedback. I intend to get a refund on silent sword, not because the product is bad, but because their forum is hardly active, and they CAHRGE $30 per hour for support! Somethings wrong with that IMO.

The product, however, appears very thorough.

Thanks again,

trock

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.