Some questions

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Bellzemos, Jan 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bellzemos

Bellzemos Registered Member

Hello!

I'm thinking about installing SpywareBlaster. I already have Avast, SuperAntiSpyeare and MalwareBytes Anti-Malware installed on my system (Windows XP SP2). I have some questions about SpywareBlaster...

I use Firefox for internet browsing. How SpywareBlaster handles Firefox updates? If Firefox updates itself, will SpywareBlaster still work right with the new FF version?

Has SpywareBlaster many "false positives" - meaning it won't allow me to go to web sites that are clean, but "accidentaly" flagged as malicious by Spywareblaster? Is that common/rare occurance?

Thank you! :)

2. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Hi,

Yes, SpywareBlaster works seamlessly through Firefox updates.

Nope, and it's something we have multiple systems to help prevent. :)

Best regards,

-Javacool

3. Bellzemos

Thank you.

Another question:

When I update SpywareBlaster's "definitons", do I have to turn all protection ON again, or are new "definitions" automatically used in protection?

4. javacool

Hi,

New items added to SpywareBlaster's protection database through updates are not automatically enabled for protection - however it only takes a single click to do so after updating. :)

(This gives you a chance to review any additional protection, should you wish to do so.)

Best regards,

-Javacool

5. Bellzemos

So when I update new definitions, I should then disable all protection and then enable it again, if I understand? OK, thank you! :)

6. javacool

Hi,

There's actually a link to enable the latest protection at the end of the updating process. You can also just click the "Enable All Protection" link on the main screen and it will do so. :)

(There's no need to disable all protection first.)

Best regards,

-Javacool

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.