Some questions - Second PC -New license

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by OnlyMyself, Sep 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OnlyMyself

OnlyMyself Registered Member

Hi,
    I have ESS installed on my current PC and have just purchased a new PC. I was looking to buy a license for the new PC but I noticed there is a decent discount for buying two licenses at the same time. My current license does not run out until February of next year.

Q1 Would my only option be to buy two licenses now and use them on both machines, that way keeping both installs in sync? (I would be losing out on a few months of my current subscription but availing of the discount next year)

Q2 Does it matter which version of the ESS client I use on the machines?
    My new PC is Vista 64bit and my current PC is XP SP3, I'm assuming that once I have the license I can apply it to whatever version of ESS I'm running.

Q3 Related to the above. I see there is both version 3 and 4 of the product, is it better to be using version 4 or is it still a trial product?

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Hello!

No , this is not the only option . ESET offers license expansion . You now have a license valid for 1 PC . All you need to do is to contact ESET Sales representative or reseller and ask for your current license to be expanded so that it becomes valid for 2 PCs. This way you will be able to use it on two computers and it will still be valid until February when you will be able to renew it as a whole. Furthermore , by expanding the license you pay just for the period that is until February - you don't pay a whole year protection.

You can use whatever Home edition version you decide (v3 or v4)

The Vista can only run x64 version of ESS . The XP - x86 version of ESS .

No , v4 is final product . You can choose whatever version you prefer . My personal advice - use v3.0.694 - it is the better one .

3. OnlyMyself

OnlyMyself Registered Member

Hi again,

Thanks for the reply, I will contact Eset and get that sorted out.

4. ASpace

ASpace Guest

You are welcome

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.