Some questions on Acronis Universal Restore

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by mbkowns, Dec 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mbkowns

mbkowns Registered Member

Acronis does many things but unfortunately it is doubling many solutions we already have. Currently with our system images we have a HAL problem and I would like to get Acronis

It looks like I could buy Acronis True Image Echo Famly Workstation and use the Acronis Universal Restore (Restore to Dissimilar Hardware) portion of that to make the images. Once I have that part working I would just use my current imaging solution to push them out and avoid another major license purchase for software that does part of what I have paid for already.

With a workstation license how many times can I make copies of that base image that was created?

Does the Universal Restore boot CD support restoring images files over a network share?

There are many options that I would get the same with the Universal Restore boot CD in regards to the Restore to Dissimilar Hardware setup. Is there a way to configure it so it is always the same?

Thanks for your help!

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello mbkowns,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis True Image Echo Workstation

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

Yes, Acronis Universal Restore among with Acronis True Image Echo Workstation will replace your HAL drivers, so you can recover an image from one computer to another.

Please be informed that this is impossible to use Acronis Universal Restore as separate program, it comes as add-on option only. Please check this article for more information.

You can create a backup unlimited times with one license of our software, but within one PC only. Please be aware that according to Acronis software licensing policy, you should purchase one copy of Acronis program per each machine it will be used with.

Yes, the CD made from Acronis True Image Echo Workstation with Acronis Universal Restore option does support recovery to the network share.

Could you please be more specific in this question?

Thank you.
    --
    Alexander Nikolsky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.