Some questions from a new user

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by Niels, Jul 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Niels

Niels Registered Member

Dear

I just bought eset smart security 4 for 2 pc's in a local store.

2) Is the cd-rom bootable that I bought or should I still create a bootable version by using ESET SysRescue? I didn't installed the version on the cd-rom but from the link that I received after that I registered. Can this cause any issues? The current installed version is 4.2.40.10.

2b)I have 2 laptops where I have eset smart security installed on. One has windows vista home premium 32 bit and the other windows 7 64 bit. Do I have to create the bootable cd-rom on each laptop?

Best regards
    Niels

2. Rmuffler

Rmuffler Former Eset Moderator

Hello Niels,

2a) The CD that you purchased is not the same as a bootable SysRescue disc. If you would like more information regarding SysRescue please refer to the ESET Smart Security manual: http://download.eset.com/manuals/ESET_ESS4_User_Guide_ENU.pdf

2b) You will need to create a SysRescue CD for each laptop. The SysRescue CD needs to be used only on the computer that it was created from because it uses specific driver sets for each computer. Please use the following Knowledgebase article to create a SysRescue CD:

32-bit computer: http://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN2103

64-bit computer: http://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN2482

Thank you,
    Richard

3. Niels

Niels Registered Member

Dear Richard

Thank you very much for your prompt response and clear answer.
    I first asked my local support but they only provided me a link how to create it.

Best regards
    Niels

4. Rmuffler

Rmuffler Former Eset Moderator

Hello Niels,

You are welcome. Please let me know if you have any trouble while creating the SysRescue CDs.

Regards,
    Richard

5. Niels

Niels Registered Member

Dear Richard,

I am confused which version of the WAIK I should download. Because on one laptop I already have service pack 2 of windows home premium. When
    I found also this.

Kind regards
    Niels

6. Brambb

Brambb Registered Member

The one you posted should work. BTW, if the both notebooks are the same model then you only need one rescue CD. The drivers would be the same.

If it are older models you probably also only need 1 CD since the build-in drivers in WIN-PE will cover them. If you have Windows 7 you can also make a rescue CD/DVD based on WAIK7 which even includes more build in drivers.

7. Niels

Niels Registered Member

Dear Brambb

Thanks for your reply. Both laptops are Packard Bell. But they are different models. I already created one bootable disk.

Best regards
    Niels

Dear Richard

I've created one bootable disk. But it failed to update. The error message was cannot connect to the update server.

Best regards
    Niels

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.