some questions about nod32

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by lodore, Oct 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lodore

lodore Registered Member

Hi, I got a few questions

1. since nod32 doesnt scan emails in outlookexpress should I use outlook instead since I have office xp (this is if i got nod32)

2. for my emails i use Thunderbird can nod32 scan the emails in thunderbird?

btw the first question was asked because my dad uses outlook express for his emails and i use Thunderbird.

3. what will change from 2.5 to 2.7?

btw i hope 2.7 and 3.0 keep the matrix look :)
    thanks in advance
    lodore

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

IMON will scan emails in outlook express and thunderbird. if u use outlook, then EMON will do the email checking.

3. Hermescomputers

Hermescomputers Registered Member

Err... E-mail scanning does take place friend. I use Thunderbird and it scans all “inbound” e-mails and it catches a rather large amount of crap…

I think you may be making a reference to "Outbound" e-mail scanning. My understanding is that "Outbound" scanning of e-mail is only supported in Outlook but not outlook Express or Thunderbird.

This is only a major issue "If" you already have a virus infecting your pc and you don’t scan the disk or "If" you are forwarding messages that have not been previously scanned and caught by in "In bound" scanner.

I personally do not consider this a major issue since “the bulk of the threats are at large first and foremost trying to get in. NOD does a rather decent job at stopping it from happening.

4. alglove

alglove Registered Member

If you use POP3 to retrieve your e-mail from your ISP (this is by far the most common type), IMON will scan it at the network level, before it ever reaches Outlook Express, Thunderbird, or any other e-mail program that uses POP3. That way, both you and your father will be covered.

Now, if you use some other type of e-mail (encrypted e-mail, IMAP4...), IMON will not scan that.

5. virkelie

virkelie Registered Member

Will this change in version 3?

6. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Nobody knows much about version 3 at all.

Cheers :D

7. Brian N

Brian N Registered Member

1: No. It does scan outlook express mail.
    2: Yep.

8. lodore

lodore Registered Member

thank you all for your replys. i have done some more testing on my old pc and i am really liking nod32 even more than i did last time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.