Some Probs..Need Help

Discussion in 'privacy problems' started by AXIS, May 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AXIS

AXIS Registered Member

Hello everyone...hope everyone having a great weekend!

I have some probs regarding setting up my sisters PC. I have been trying for last 2 days to work with Spybot,Regcleaner & adware...but it doesnt run..& even if it does run while within a a min its getting stuck..thats happening in Spybot. While no matter what i double clicked to open reg cleaner & adware it simply doesnt open. Even done re installing all the 3 mentioned above but in vain :( I even tried going to the directory & open but simply doesnt work. Any help would be appriciated as she is abt to move away with the pc in abt 2 days.

Regards,
    AXIS

2. BornMember

BornMember Registered Member

Could you provide further info. such as operating system etc.

3. AXIS

AXIS Registered Member

Pentium 4....3ghz
    512 DDR
    Nvidia GeForce
    XP Pro
    Spybot
    Spyware Blaster
    IE Spyad
    Kerio 2.15

Dont want to install Service Pack 2

4. Primrose

Primrose Registered Member

Can you open them in the safe mode ?

Some reasons why this would happen is the exe file is searching for dependent resources like .dll files and it is not finding them. These files should have been installed with the setup.exe but sometimes these files gets corrupted, and an uninstall/reinstall might do the trick.

Take a look at the icon that launches the application Is it a shortcut to an executable in a mapped drive?

You may also want to consider doing a disk check.
    Click start-> run-> type 'cmd' without the quotes.
    Type dskchk /f
    The /f will fix errors found with bad clusters. (Dont think it fixes anything but marks bad spots on the disk.)
    It will probably tell you that it cannot run disk check because the file system is in use and will ask you if you want to shecdule a check when the system is restarted. Type y and press enter and restart your system.

Also these will help you..
    XP Help! Cannot Open exe files, or see my Control Panel
    http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/winxp/1113340962

How to Fix a Broken .EXE Association

http://filext.com/info/showthread.php?t=12

5. AXIS

AXIS Registered Member

I tried the registry tweak & chk disk as well no luck :( Spybot still stuck after 15 sec :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.