Some problems with rescue zone

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Reflx, Jul 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Reflx

Reflx Registered Member

Win XP SP2
    Acronis True Image version 10.448
    I faced to some problems when I tried to create rescue zone. For rescue zone I apportioned 5Gb of harddisk space. Acronis require rebooting. After it I had seen that my harddisk space was reduced on 5 Gb. Then I tried to create backup copy of 'my computer' to rescue zone. Programm showed to me an alert 'Rescue zone is not avaible. Would You like to create rescue zone right now?'.
    http://savepic.ru/757993.htm

I opened the log of acronis and see the following:
    http://savepic.ru/748777.htm

http://savepic.ru/751849.htm

Can You tell me 'What did I do wrong?' and 'How can I restore my harddisk space?'

2. Wandering2

Wandering2 Registered Member

It is hard to imagine an operating system and system data combination that, even compressed, would fit into a 5 GB secure zone. But I don't know what operating system you have. Many, Windows, Linux, offer utilities to reclaim the disk space. Check the disk space used by your present system, and allow that times as many backups as you wish to hold at once as the size of the secure zone. Better yet, forget the secure zone, and backup an image onto a suitable external hard disk. They are very inexpensive these days.

Good luck.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Reflx,

Thank you for using Acronis Programs

There are two possible causes:

• There are four primary partitions on the disk;
    • The file system is corrupt.

Solution

1. Acronis True Image cannot create Acronis Secure Zone on a disk with four primary partitions. Convert one of the primary partitions to logical or create Acronis Secure Zone on a different disk.

2. Try checking the disk for errors:

o Go to the Command Prompt (Start -> Run -> cmd);
    o Issue the following command:

chkdsk DISK: /r
    where DISK is the letter of the partition you need to check.

(!) Checking the C: drive may require you to reboot the machine.

Best regards,
    --
    Dmitry Nikolaev

4. HTCStuey

HTCStuey Registered Member

How do you create Sexure Zone on a different disk?

I have a dedicated backup drive (the old one exactly the same size as current one 250GB) but there's no option to decide where the Secure Zone can go so I'm afraid to run it in case it rearranges my main drive...

5. HTCStuey

HTCStuey Registered Member

If I create a fake (as in, empty/temporary) partition on my secondary drive, then go through the wizard and selecting the fake, it attempts to create the ASZ on that drive. If I were to Commit this, let it do it's thing, then go back into Manage ASZ, will it let me change what is included in the ASZ to the partitions on the primary drive without moving the actual ASZ partition from the secondary? I can then remove the fake and adjust the size of the ASZ to fill the drive...

The wizard on the ATI 2009 instructions online lets you change it but the actual one when I run it through the program is different?

I'm not at home at the moment (work lunch break woohoo!), does ATI2009 treat the ASZ as a backup and run it on a schedule or do I need to also keep a second seperate backup for something like that?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.