Some Problems I Noticed...

Discussion in 'Prevx Betas' started by subhrobhandari, Aug 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. subhrobhandari

subhrobhandari Registered Member

1. This is one I also noticed back from PSOL but has worsened (at least here) in WSA. When I am running a browser under protected applications mode and a scan is being run background, if I type the text gets all garbled up. Some of the text goes missing, some replaced and the most annoying is some of the alphabets get misplaced. I reported this long ago, probably in Jun and I was told that it is due to the firewall being set to ask for each and every connection. However, even with the firewall disabled, the problem still occurs. Also it could be while the scan is running the protection modules are set to use less resources and that is what causing the problems.

2. Scanning time has improved over time since the first WSA release. In my PC it used to take around 8 min, but now its around 5 (34-35k files being scanned). Still if I scan with prevx, it is under 3 min. One of the big differences I noticed is the scan log size. In Prevx its hardly around 200-300 kb while WSA log size is right now 1.1 MB. I am on a 256 Kbit connection so this is a reason why my WSA scans are taking 2 min longer. I wonder if any compression could be utilized to reduce the log size. That would help in slower connections.

3. When I open my firefox (added in protected applications) Zemana warns me of SSL Logger and says it successfully blocked the attack. Any other info is shown as "unknown". I already reported this But would like to know about it, which component is triggering this?

4. WSA monitors a lot of should-be-trusted processes including microsoft processes such as screensaver, verclsid etc and sanboxie.

5. When installing in a PC networked by a proxy, I cant install it. I cant change the settings for proxy until it is installed and for installation it needs to be activated via internet. If we could configure the proxy in the options windows while installing, it would be nice. I reported this issue within the first days of beta and was replied this issue had already been reported and will be fixed.

6. The feedback form is in dire need of upgrade. Right now I cant attach a log or jpg there and currently all of my queries are located under one thread, if it can be organized it would be much better.

7. It would be much better if we can specify mass files/folders and processes set to exclusion from detection and monitoring completely (as trusted), and being able to add multiple items under protected applications and such by one click.

8. Currently WSA firewall doesnt support blocking incoming attacks, so when I test in GRC, I get all ports as closed except one open. Enabling Windows FW gives a full stealth report.

9. Once I got hanged when started to play a MPEG-TS video file in MPC-HC, just when rendering started (using overlay). It could be a WSA issue but I could not reproduce the issue after rebooting.

I sent a log to assist. Hoping to get reply soon.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2011
  2. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

Thanks for the feedback! I will be going through your log when I get back (I'm out of town at the moment) and will hopefully have answers for each of your issues.

3. subhrobhandari

subhrobhandari Registered Member

Thanks for the reply, will be waiting. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.