Some Paragon Drive Backup Questions.

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by ratchet, Jan 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ratchet

ratchet Registered Member

So my one year AyRecovery licenses expired and I uninstalled them and installed CTM. All went fine on the XP desktop but not so on the Vista laptop. The installation required a reboot and each time (I tried maybe 3x) the installation stopped at 84%. These required hard shutdowns, and having never experienced anything like that with Vista, I was surprised to see an option to try some other options. The last time I tried in VGA Mode and I'm not sure what I did after that but it would not boot. Was there a way to get out off VGA, and that was the problem? Each attempt brought up info about the mother board and that it couldn't whatever. So I finally booted from a Paragon flash drive I had made. In retrospect, one of the options was to repair the boot order and I'm thinking I should have just done that and have had a current setup instead of one from September. Should I have tried that? Secondly, I could not figure out the file type for the archive on the D partition. Every one I tried (seemed to be three or four) it stated "not a valid archive or file type". Fortunately I had also made a three part DVD archive and successfully restored with them but it would have gone much easier if I could have just used the D archive. So my question is what file type should I have looked for? Then when I started to try to update everything, even Firefox extensions, I'd get a text box about "cannot download to D temp". I then did some kind of Windows check disk repair to D and it went from showing "0" bites to the whole archive again and the PC is all updated and the PC is working great. I'm in my sixties so please excuse my PC literacy level and bear in mind I'd never restored more than a few files (with Norton Ghost) from an image, never a full restore. I did find the Paragon GUI confusing after the initial menu. Thank you for any explanations and suggestions!

2. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

Hi ratchet,

I think CTM is still beta, it wouldn't install properly on my system, either. Please ask any questions about CTM on the Comodo Forum.

It sounds like there was problem with Windows filesystem - not Paragon.

That is why it was fixed by running check disk.

You shouldn't need to look for a filetype - Paragon didn't recognize the arc folder because there was something wrong with windows filesystem - happily, chkdsk sorted it out and all is well.

Happy New Year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.