Some management issues at CentOs !!

Discussion in 'all things UNIX' started by Longboard, Jul 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Longboard

Longboard Registered Member

CentOs working out some internal turmoil
    http://www.centos.org/
    Top article and accompanying elaborations in sidebar..some frustrations boiling over.

Sounds grim indeed.

:p My second fave distro :( : I hope this has no implications for the future.
    CentOs is so highly regarded as a server option..might be some airplay and angst over this.

2. tsec

tsec Registered Member

Just read about this over at El Reg.

Not good :(

3. Ocky

Ocky Registered Member

Doesn't sound like the end of CentOS, only a domain issue. Let's hope
    for a satisfactory outcome.

4. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

This is the thing I really despite in Linux realm. Bickering ... Programmers forget they're there to write code and not play god. Someone works on a project and they think they're entitled to bouts of attention-seeking hysteria.

Work out the crap internally. If you can't, go about to writing code somewhere else. Just like any company does. Which ever party is dissatisfied with their side of the contract, good bye!

One-man shows ... that's not how you build your project. This is why you need a company and someone with a whip at the top to tell the code-loving children how to behave. Programmers should stick to keyboards and never speak.

Mrk

5. NGRhodes

NGRhodes Registered Member

Not just the domain.

He SOLEY owns, the domain, the server/hosting (website, mailling list, repositories and key server), the IRC channel and funds.

Worst thing is he could of quiet easily set a structure/rules/contract in place that allowed he to remain as the sole person in charge, but if/when he disappeared the community could take over.

6. Eice

Eice Registered Member

I'm not really sure how well that would fit with the whole "open-source community project" vibe, and stuff.

7. NGRhodes

NGRhodes Registered Member

Thank God I'm a Developer and not a Programmer ;)

8. demonon

demonon Guest

I don't quite want to belief there should a a leader on top, but I do belief there should be some sort of coherent community.

9. Longboard

Longboard Registered Member

Looks like a speedy and progressive resolution :)
    Quick work by them: admirable and hopefully a good omen for the future stability and development of this very successful distro. :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.