some doubts and md5

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by didacbr74, May 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. didacbr74

didacbr74 Registered Member

Hello

Could Anybody explain me what "winmgmt.exe -resyncperf 912" does mean?

Another courious thing is that before loging into my windows 2000 process guard advert me to run an idle process dated 1601

And lastly sometimes PG advert me that a program has changed only in his md5 what are the possible causes??

thank very much

pd: One idea could be to have and import list of common programs with the correct protection

2. nick s

nick s Registered Member

Last edited: May 10, 2004
  3. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi didacbr74 & welcome,

The reason that the MD5 checksum has changed is probably due to an update, for instance if you use TDS3 and do regular updates dcsmutex.exe changes quite often as part of the update, so the next time you do a mutex scan Process Guard will advise that the program has changed.
    Windows update can also changes many .exe's
    If you know you have done an update then expect to see a checksum change, if however, you know that nothing should have changed then block it and report here.

The default list (wizard when PG first installed) covers the main windows files, every system is different so no complete list is possible, having said that you will find many programmes mentioned in this forum with peoples settings.

Hope this helps. Pilli

4. didacbr74

didacbr74 Registered Member

Hi

Thanks a lot to both. I ll do it

5. Gavin - DiamondCS

Gavin - DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

-resyncperf sounds like a command switch for Windows Management, to resyncronise some performance data it stores ? never had to play with it before, but it sure seems normal :) Windows Management is one of those things most people never realise is there, working away trying to keep the OS working smoothly

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.