Some changes would be nice to save...

Discussion in 'Returnil Betas' started by alexdata, Sep 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alexdata

alexdata Registered Member

When you re-arrange your icons on your desktop, and your icons in your folders, and change your desktop background image, those changes are discarded on restart... It would be really really nice if those three things (that are all reg-keys really) would be saved, while all other changes got discarded.. Desktop Icon Placement, Folder Placement+Its Icons Placement, and Desktop background...

Because it is really a PAIN in the A** to fix that on every reboot...

I'd love for Returnil to have a simple, 3 checkmarks in a menu where you can select to remember settings for:
    1. Remember Desktop Icon Placement On Reboot
    2. Remember Folder Placement and Icon (folder view settings)
    3. Remember Desktop Background Image

Those would be really nice, I dont see that a virus/malware would be able to use that as a hole for doing any damage... Yes one could have your background changed to some random ads, but the program/virus that did that, would be deleted on reboot, so you could change the bg picture back...

This is really a wanted and needed feature for me and all my friends (20+) that uses Returnil...

How about that?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.