Solus 2017.04.18.0 review - Second time lucky?

Discussion in 'all things UNIX' started by Mrkvonic, Jul 15, 2017.

1. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Solus didn't like me last time. So. Let's find a Solusion. Ho ho ho. Behold, a review of Solus 2017.04.18.0 64-bit with the Budgie desktop environment, tested on a laptop with UEFI, GPT, 16 partitions, and a complex multi-boot setup, including look & feel, network connectivity - Wireless, Bluetooth, Samba sharing, Samba and Wireless printing, multimedia playback - HD video and MP3, smartphone support - Windows Phone and Ubuntu Phone, partitioning, a failed installation attempt, several other observations, and more. Enjoy.

http://www.dedoimedo.com/computers/solus-2017-review.html

Cheers,
    Mrk

2. NormanF

NormanF Registered Member

The top panel is meant to be used with a dock like Plank. That's where Budgie resembles GNOME with its Dash to Dock.

Mrk, now that Fedora 26 is out, I like myself really liking Russian Fedora. Its stock Fedora pimped up with all the goodies that
    can be installed alongside it like Skype, office and audio and video applications. The Anaconda installer isn't hardcoded
    to Russian so it installed and booted up in English. Yes, its a Russian remix version of Fedora and its Fedora as it should be.

3. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

I'll see what I can do.
    Mrk

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.