Software to monitor your computer while you are away from it?

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by idontknowtech, Feb 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. idontknowtech

idontknowtech Registered Member

Is there a good free program that will basically monitor your computer while you are away from it [something that you could maybe turn on/off]?

I don't like other people using my computer, and want to make sure that nobody in my house puts a keystroke recorder on it or stuff like that.

2. Biscuit

Biscuit Registered Member

If it's XP or Vista, why not password your user login?

3. ThunderZ

ThunderZ Registered Member

I believe any Windows can be Login password protected. I know 2k can. Am almost positive 95 and up can be as well. Has been a long time since I have played with ME\98\95. However it would be the simplest solution.

4. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

Password protect and also have it enabled when your screensaver activates. That way if you are away temporarily you will still be protected should your computer be running.

5. idontknowtech

idontknowtech Registered Member

I was thinking about doing that, but I would prefer a program which does it instead. Something that maybe hides in the background or something while the computer is on.

6. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

I just use SSM with the UI disconnected to protect my system. This way anyone can use it without doing anything bad to it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.