Software Shortcuts my Shortcuts

Discussion in 'ewido anti-spyware forum' started by jaesha, Jul 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jaesha

jaesha Registered Member

Installation of software caused all of my shortcuts to stop working, i.e. launching programs, opening folder destinations, etc.

Installed current version today on Windows XP SP2.

I'm certain it was this software as I used add/remove to uninstall and all of the shortcuts began working fine again. Also note the "find targets" button in the shortcuts window would open the folder, but would not fill in the short cut location. If that would have worked I would have been fine with it, as I could have easily replaced the destination of the shortcut address. I noticed the full version options also changes some of the windows settings. IE changing my system files to hidden, when I like them visible, disabling shortcuts it seems as well. These are preferences that I had set to my liking. When I looked at the settings in ewido it did not appear they had been changed, but when the folders were opened, it showed files that were clearly hidden (grayed out).

I tried using the online version which scanned fine, but when I tried to delete the offending tracker cookies it crashed IE explorer, hence the download and install of the software, which I also noticed took longer to scan my system.

Any suggestions?

2. sick0

sick0 Registered Member

are you sure its ewido causing this?

3. pwillener

pwillener Registered Member

I never heard of such a thing. Maybe your system is already infected with some malware?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.