Software other than PrevX against Buffer overflow?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Atomas31, Feb 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Atomas31

Atomas31 Registered Member

Hi,

Is there a software that can protect against Buffer overflow other than PrevX? I'd like a dedicated software against Buffer overflow instead of an "all around" software like PrevX?

Thank you for your recommandations,
    Atomas31

2. Infinity

Infinity Registered Member

hi atomas, hardware based would be easy, just an amd64 would take care of it.

other software based approaches I am not aware off.

Inf.

3. hollywoodpc

hollywoodpc Registered Member

Hi Atomas .
    You can set Prevx to user defined mode . In other words , go into security settings and turn EVERYTHING off , other than buffer overflow protection . Simple . You are done

4. Atomas31

Atomas31 Registered Member

Hi Infinity, thanks for the harware recommandation but I don't think I am gonna change my computer soon ;-)

Hi HollywoodPC, I have try that but it seems to sluggish my system at a point were it is bearelly usuable? It seems to conflict with some others application I have, don't know what or why? That's why I would prefer a deticated software for that matter!

Atomas31

5. hollywoodpc

hollywoodpc Registered Member

Hi Atomas .
    Interesting . I know there were issues with boot time but slowing your computer down ? Must be a conflict but , if everything in your Prevx settings is set to allow , other than buffer overflow , I do not know what it may be . Very strange . What exactly slows . Application loading , web pages . or what ? And , if you have decided NOT to use Prevx , no need to respond . Only trying to help if , indeed , you want to use Prevx . I am confused at this point though . Prevx gets along very well with most programs . And , it just updated yesterday with new features and better protection . Good luck and sorry I could not be of more help .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.