Software just doesn't work.

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by mth2004, Feb 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mth2004

mth2004 Guest

I've read through this message board (especially the title "Can I not create a DVD+R/-RW disc file size?"). I am now on my 3rd day trying to burn an image directly to DVD+RW media. I can create a boot CD without any problems. However, when I try to create an image to DVD using the boot CD, one of my PC's just hangs. I've left it this way overnight, in the morning the progress bar still has not moved, 0%. There is no hard drive activity but when I click the Cancel button, I get "Are you sure you want to cancel this operation and quit?" I've formatted the DVD+RW using InCD (UDF format) and still no luck. In addition I've downloaded the latest patches for TI and the results are the same. What am I doing wrong? I've tried this on several systems, on a different system I get the message "Disk is full" even after I've fully formatted the DVD+RW using InCD. I've also tried 2 different DVD+RW disks.

P4 2.6GHz system, 512MB RAM, 2-80GB hard drive, Win XP prof, internal DVD burner, Intel D845GLLY motherboard.

2. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

I certainly understand your frustration. I had the same disturbing experience. The problem is that after you format a DVD disk with InCD, you have to have InCD running to make it writable. However, when you boot from the TrueImage recovery CD, you are in a Linux environment, and InCD isn't running. The only images you can make are to CD-R or CD-RW disks that are supported by Linux or to a second internal hard drive or partition, an external USB or Firewire hard drive or a network drive.

If you make your backups by running TrueImage in Windows, you will be able backup to the DVD disks formatted with InCD without any problem. Give it a try. :)

3. mth2004

mth2004 Guest

John,

Thank you!! Thank you!!
    Your suggestion worked!

I find it interesting that you can image the hard drive with Windows XP running. I'm just curious as to how this is possible?

Thanks
    mth2004

4. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello mth2004,

This <Acronis Press Release> provides a pretty good insight into how it's achieved.

Regards

5. mth2004

mth2004 Guest

Thank you all for taking the time to answer my questions. I am now well pleased with this product!

mth2004

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.