Software for logging addition/removal of applications

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by yogishree, Mar 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yogishree

yogishree Registered Member

Maybe it is already there on my WIN ME system.If so then I am not aware of it and some kind soul may pl guide me to it.

Often there is a strong need for an application which may log all program install/uninstall. This is especially so , atleast in my case, when a problem is detected sometime after the addition or deletion of any program and I not able to recollect the exact change done by me.

Anyone out there with suggestions-preferably a freeware one.Thanks in advance.

2. yogishree

This is indeed surprising.No response from anywhere.

Even if no reply,pl someone do come out and inform if this be a foolish enough Q not deserving a reply OR the solution is too obvious to be put in words.

Pl do not spare my feelings and do confirm. o_O

3. anti-spy

anti-spy Guest

What I do to keep track of the changes I make on my pc, like adding or removing software, is to write it all down in a small notebook that I keep next to my pc. I usually write the time and date whenever I make any changes and what was added or removed. I don't know of any software that will do this for you, but hopefully someone will post about something that can. Hth.

4. yogishree

Thanks Anti-spy for the exremely quick reply.

Yeah-I am already having a notebook for the purpose on which i also keep a log of updates,passwords.system inf etc.But how wonderful to have been if a software could have been located for the job.

Maybe some kindly soul would take note and evolve something suitable.

:doubt:

5. anti-spy

anti-spy Guest

That would be nice Yogishree, if someone wrote a program like that. I have also asked about such a program on other sites, in the past, and no one knew of anything, or at least no one posted about it. I'll keep on the lookout, and post here if I find anything.

6. gud4u

gud4u Registered Member

Google 'Total Uninstall'.

I haven't used it, but I've seen it recommended by knowledgable users - and it's WinME-compatible.

Hope this helps!

7. Down_Under

Down_Under Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.